I’m Toni Rodriguez and I’ll be your Peer Mentor for LIBR 203 at SLIS. We’re going to learn about D2L, social networking, and all the fantastic resources available to you.
We’ll be taking this trip together, so please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions you have about the course, the program in general, or the library profession.
I’m a prisoner of Powerpoint, so here’s some brief information about me:
* I live in the Los Angeles area.
* I started my program in Fall 2008.
* I worked full-time and took 2 classes per semester, plus one summer class.
* I didn’t go into this program knowing exactly what I wanted to do, only that I knew this was the ideal profession for me. Finding one’s niche can take a very long time!
* I was in the first crop of new students to take LIBR203 and tech tools have changed dramatically since August 2008.
* I’ve loved everything about the SLIS program–my classes, supportive classmates, certain instructors that inspired me to learn more, and the opportunity to join professional associations as a student. Take advantage of those student rates!